Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Infringement of Technology on College Students

Michael Wesch, a cultural anthropologist, reveals his startlingly accurate research about the daily activities of a the average college student. "A Vision of Students Today" displays an disturbing set of bad habit evolved from technological advances that almost every college study I know exhibit.

Creative camera-work hauntingly presents the current problems and personal vices large class sizes, irrevelance of readings, expensive textbooks, student debt, and the prevalence of technology in the life of the college student today.

The information did not shock me, but to see all the statistics at once was overwhelming. I can honestly say that most of those trends apply to me and my friends, and that the shameful nature of some of them had not occurred to me until that moment...

I highly recommend that every college student view this, not that these behaviors needs to be corrected, but that students be aware of such behaviors:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dGCJ46vyR9o

No comments: